March 03, 2009

Braised Gluten (Seitan Tidbits)


When I first looked into the can, I was reminded of the one time I gave my cat wet food. Appearances and first sniffs are deceiving. There are no directions or serving suggestions, and I'm too something to Google a recipe, so I relied on the mad skillz I've acquired via Top Chef. I squeezed the liquid out of the tidbits and used a paper towel to dry them off. I tossed them in cornstarch and then into a hot pan with sesame oil. They were sizzling over medium heat for a few minutes before I noticed that they appeared to be beating like tiny hearts. That was nauseating. After the tidbits were evenly crunchy, I added a splash of teriyaki and sprinkled some sesame seeds in the pan to get a nice glaze. Padma and Tom would be proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment